Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sucker Punched Below the Temperature Belt

That is how the weathercaster described the last couple of days as we came in well below the normal temps for this time of year. And later in the summer, he said we will be taking a number of body blows as we again cross the 100s. No, I don't know why he was in a boxing metaphor mood today, but it was kind of funny.

I am back. I was distracted by a dude coming by asking about the results of a meeting yesterday. Is nothing sacred? Can't they see I am involved in important work here? What kind of madness is coming over this place?

Speaking of madness, this dude got mad again today. Then again, I guess we all have opinions.And in case you wondered, yes, I did hear Kyle Petty advertising on the radio and noticed it sounded like cow patty. No, I do not really know what he was advertising. I was thinking about the CoV once I heard his name.

We do have Chorale practice tonight. I expect the folks to be there this week. I was fun singing some new songs last week. I hope that continues tonight. The director also mentioned that he has chosen all but one of our Christmas concert songs. No, I don't think we'll start practicing them yet. I hope not. It is just toooo early.

I was just checking my calendar for today and I accidentally reviewed the to do list. I should not have done that. Now I am thinking about getting the stuff done, what order, how do I fit in the normal stuff such as the 8:30am call, etc. So, while I am distracted, you should try to slip out the back door. Maybe I won't even notice you are gone. Then, just sneak back in tomorrow and it will be as if you never left.

3 comments:

Zachary said...

Have you watched "Swamp People"? It is about alligator hunters in Louisiana, I watched it the other day just to listen to their crazy acc-cee-yunts!

Anonymous said...

wh-ael, think eyel order me sum fried taters, sprite & of course a "hambah-ga" with my orda to go; just tho it on randys be-al. can only remember having an "ax-say-ant" when i left texas to move to kansas...of course their were the bullies, then on top of tha-at there were the "southern-draw patrol of some sort"....to be organized is not too bay-id of a disease even if your away from home it kind of follows you ev-re-wheres...well better finish more of the emails is woke up little later today. hmmm now am thinking of "red-neck" jokes? (patch

The Grandparents said...

I watch "Swamp People". But I didn't notice any accents.