Friday, April 16, 2010

A Warm Weekend Awwives

We reached 91F yesterday. Our first 90+ day in 2010. Bring it on, weatherman. However, we are supposed to go to the zoo tomorrow, so keep the cool around a couple of more days.

Today, there is another cartoon that one of my teammates would not appreciate. Maybe some of you will not, either. That's OK. We've got room for all opinions in the blog. I try to be an equal opportunity insulter.

Since our computer died (a G5 iMac running 2.1GHz), we have been using our old G4 iMac (533MHz). Whew! A chip one-fourth the speed of the old one really limits YouTube and stuff. And even web surfing is painfully slow. I've got to make a decision about this. Do I cough up a couple of hundred and see if I can replace the capacitors in the broken iMac which does not have the Intel chip, or move into the modern age for $1K or so? I will let you know.

It is a good thing that I took a really huge breath on Wednesday because I have not had time to breathe since then. I know each of you has had weeks like that before. Me, too. Oh well. As Glad sings, "Everything that has breath, Praise the Lord."

The Phoenix Opera is performing Figaro right now, and the radio commercial this morning said, "You have heard it in Bugs Bunny cartoons. Now hear the real thing." I don't think that is why I chose today's post title sounding like Elmer Fudd, but who knows.

OK, I am starting to think about work stuff, so I will sign off. Have a great weekend. Yes, even you, ZKW.

2 comments:

Zachary said...

Why thank you, I think I will.

Craig Weeks said...

That's clever advertising ... but not clever enough to get me to go to an opera.