Monday, March 04, 2013

Why My Kart No Go?

Let's start off with an interesting story about the kind of people who build useless machines to do unnecessary things. Then again, maybe this is something people really do need.

Doesn't the title of today's post sound a little like Jar Jar or Yoda? Anyway, you probably wonder how the go-kart outing went last Friday? Unfortunately, it didn't. The boss got sick and we had to cancel. I don't know when or if it will be rescheduled. By then, though, I had already told the Games Gang that I was busy. They played two rounds of Bang!, but I missed out. It seems that the Renegade won both games. Remember that they play using two characters each, so the Renegade player had good skills in both games.

It is about time to get ready for a Chorale + Orchestra concert tonight. We are performing out at a local RV park. We have joined with a little choral group from that park (also directed by our Chorale director), so we have a total of 122 singers and 14 orchestra members.

I also wrote Monday's CoV. Just a little take on what "back-up" means.




OK, I scraped out some of the red grout so I can make it all look consistent with the same grout as the floor. I am not sure when I will get to it. My plan is this week.


On Saturday, we took the GRANDS to a park. Here is Nana with Jack. Jack is the one with the hat.


And Bella swinging on a round disk. I t looks like a more modern version of the old tire swing.


And Kendall jumping on a platform thingy. I don't know exactly what it would be called officially.


That'll do for now. We'll see if I decide about updates in the morning.

[Monday update] The concert last night went well. You know how that kind of stuff is. I was at home and didn't really want to get dressed and spend a few hours at the concert, but I enjoyed it once I went.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Sorry you missed the karting. I've been to the K1-Speed track here in Austin a couple of times, and did pretty darn good if I do say so my self (especially for the oldest guy on the track). It's awesome.