Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jeoparty Is Behind Me

That's a strange title today, right? I had to teach the Project Manager training group yesterday, and I used the Joeparty game to do so. Isn't that called Jeopardy, you ask? Well, I wanted to avoid any copyright issues, so I called mine Jeoparty. We did not have time to play the full game. My chapter involved some math and a few of the attendees really struggled with the algebra involved. Is it algebra? If you have a formula A = B / C and you know A and B, you need to determine the value of C. Algebra, right?

Have any of you ever been challenged to create a joke. Let me tell you. It is not easy. It's probably not successful, either, but here is my response to Preacher Bro.
A Preacher and an Architect walk into a bar.
The Preacher says, "I can't go in there. Proverbs 23 says 'Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? Those who linger over wine....'"
The Architect responded, "I have to go in. 1 Corinthians 3 says 'According to the grace of God which has been given to me, as a wise architect, I have laid the foundation, but another builds upon it. But let each see how he builds upon it.'"
"How are we going to solve this?" asked the Preacher.
"Well, Proverbs talked about people lingering over wine. It doesn't mention beer." said the Architect. "Plus, when I drink it, I often say, 'Jesus, that tastes good.'"
Nonplussed, the Preacher replied, "Now, I for sure can't go in. You shouldn't talk like that."
"What if I could get everyone inside to praise the Lord?" queried the Architect.
"That would help" said the Preacher.
The Architect yelled to the bar, "I'm buying the next round."
"Whoo hoo!" "Praise the Lord!" "Thank you, Jesus!"

I hope this cartoon doesn't crash. It uses a project management term called crashing, which involves adding additional people to a project to finish it early.


I heard that Preacher Bro's family enjoyed seeing childhood photos of him, so here's another. You can see that Aunt Bernice and Julier (as my grandmother used to pronounce it) are up there with the family. I guess Dad took this shot using a telephoto lens since Preacher Bro is looking for him using binoculars.


Need some bacon news? This is for anyone not living in NZ, of course, because I do not even think of anyone there when I think of bacon. For the rest of you, though, there's donuts, onion rings, nuts, brownies, and cinnamon rolls.

Teacher Daughter guessed that Philip would say that he is a federal agent three times on tonight's Survivor episode. In previous shows, he has said that numerous times per night. Tonight, though, she missed. He only said it once. Otherwise, a non-surprising episode.

[Thursday update] We are keeping the GRANDS on Friday night and then some game time at JV+KLIK on Saturday afternoon. Sounds nice, huh? So, to get ready, and since I only have to work 1/2 day on Friday (Alright! It really is a Good Friday),  we are going to mount the shower doors. It will be finished! We should be done before the kiddos arrive.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Well, first, you should really complete the shower on Friday. That would be the best time to proclaim, "It is finished!"
Second, I appreciate that you took my challenge seriously. But for some reason, now I'm mad at Rick!
Third, thanks for the various links. I don't always get around to looking at the things to which you link, but the photobombing dog was fun, and the optical illusion presentation was fascinating.

SuzieQ said...

My mom used to make bacon grease cookies. They were good. Didn't taste like bacon at all.
Hope your shower gets "finished"!