Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Called Semana Santa in Mexico

Since Easter is this coming Sunday, this is Semana Santa in Mexico. It includes Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday. Maundy refers to the washing of the feet. Gross, huh? That would be moan-day for me. Anyway, it is a special time for Catholics in MX.

The other day, I was talking to someone who had never heard of 3d sidewalk art. I put a link in an earlier blog post to see some examples, but it did not include a photo of how weird those things look when you see it from a wrong angle. Here is a site that shows you.

While it is nice that we can watch recorded programs from any room, it is not nice that we keep losing set recordings. The dumb system doesn't really tell us when it skips recording. We may have to call our provider sometime. Until then, I am well versed in snide remarks.



When we went to the place in the next photo, we posed on these rocks and then afterward, noticed that there were small snakes all around in them. In mu mind, it seems like when then started saying, "Dad, they're looking at us" about almost everything. I think this is the Rio Grande Gorge just outside of Taos.


We are watching Amazing Race as I type this. We liked the look of the Ford SUVs they are driving in Botswana and looked at Ford's website to see if that is how the new Explorers or Expeditions look. Nope. No model looks like what we are seeing. OK, maybe it is a model not available in the USA. Sure enough, it is a Ford Everest, which is not offered here in the USA.

I added the final tiles to the shower stall so we can install the shower doors. I grouted it today, so we should be ready to finish in a couple of days. Whoo hoo.

This is getting too long. I'll tell you about more stuff in my next entry. [Monday update] Except that now, I have forgotten what things I was going to publish tomorrow. Oh well, I'll probably come up with new stuff by then.

No comments: