Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I'd Like a Coke, but not actually a Coke.

Those of you who did not grow up in the South may not have grown up calling all soft drinks "Coke". So, you are in a restaurant and you say, "I'd like a Coke, please," and they ask, "OK. What kind," and you say "Dr. Pepper." Nobody would think twice about such a conversation. Out in AZ, though, the generic term is soda. Check this graphic to see what different regions call them.

Do you want to see the Lower Yellowstone Falls? So did the family in 1972 or so. You can see that IT Sis fell asleep against Mom, and Preacher Bro must have sat underneath an eagle.


It's almost Easter. Will you participate in any Easter Egg hunts? I think we will not since the GRANDS will be going to D-I-L's family celebration. That doesn't stop me from have an egg-themed granddaughter-inclusive CoV.



My son has a history of photo-bombing. Look at this photo of him crashing a shot of the folks. You can see the intended original shot on the left. I saw this dog photo-bomb story today and thought you would find it funny.


Do y'all ever watch any TED videos? Some of them are really interesting. This one is good, talking about why optical illusions actually work. It makes sense.

[Wednesday update] I forgot to mention that one of our guilty pleasures is back with the new season on TV. Hell's Kitchen. Yup, Gordon Ramsey returns with his "Oh my gawwwd" and other more colorful phrases. We should go find that place next time we are in L.A.

[Wednesday update] Today, my commute was more like Dad's comment yesterday than my post yesterday. That's good. I don't think I had to get below 70 the whole way. Yeah, baby. I just want to get to work. I like it that much. Well, it's more of a case of disliking stop-and-go traffic.

No comments: