Friday, March 08, 2013

I Wish We Could Help, But...No!

There was an article on Yahoo yesterday (or maybe it was an ad. I don't remember) that reminded me of a castle we stayed in during our trip to Scotland a few years ago. We stayed at Birkhill Castle and you can see some photos of the place on the website.

That made me happy, but my discussion with the Help Desk today did not make me as happy. They said that I could not load some company software on my machine, even though it supports an approved company goal. They said, "Don't you have a computer at home you could use?" I explained that I used a Macbook, but got no leeway. I decided it deserved the CoV treatment.



I could have used some WD-40 to eliminate the friction between them and me. Yes, that WD-40. It is used for so many things, I figured that would be one of them

I need to move some stuff out of the garage so that Dad and I can pour some concrete and enclose our laundry area. Sounds fun, right. I was thinking to do this Saturday morning, but it supposed to be raining and loading and unloading at the storage place would not be fun. I may start it tonight, or maybe wait until Sunday.

Think my resume looked anything like this? Would it have gotten me a job quicker? Actually, you can tell it is not me because I am not that good at Mariokart.



The news is showing a story saying we should be careful when hiking and look for rattlesnakes. I guess that's good advice. they are apparently already active since we are having such warm weather.

I ran out of links and quips for today. That's all for Thursday evening.

[Friday update] We desert dwellers are not very accustomed to rain. When we get it, we tend to sloooooow waaaaaay dooooown on freeways. So my commute today took 30 min instead of 20 min. True, that's not killer by itself, but recognizing it as 50% longer tells you something. Oh well, I made it without incident and that's worth something.

[Friday update] No emails yet from the boss, so the go-karts could still happen right after lunch today. Sure, boss, you had to make us go back out on a rainy day? I'm definitely going to try to beat you in the race.

No comments: