Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Heating Up Already

It is already getting too hot here. Well, too hot for this early in the year. Luckily, it is backing off a bit now. It did not even reach 90 yesterday, even though it reached 95 earlier in the week.
[Monday update] I heard on the radio that there is a big winter storm warning for the middle and northeast portions of the country. It obviously bypassed the southwest region.

I am writing this while waiting to dress for tonight's East Valley Chorale concert. We leave in about 1-1/2 hrs, so that's plenty of time. We also have a concert on Tuesday night (instead of practice). I hope that my allergies allow me to sing. I can at least stand up there and smile.
[Monday update] I was able to sing and it was a really good concert. And we sounded really good in this auditorium. Dad had to bail out midway through due to a recent scorpido sting on his foot. He was fine once he got the weight off that foot.

We had a great time at Bella's birthday party Saturday. We ended up being the only party at a local farm and played a lot. You can check the photos on Facebook.

As I was deciding what links/photos/etc to put in this post, something made me think of our family's time in Guadalajara, MX. And that made me remember one of my favorite Mexican photographers, Ricardo Alarcon. Here is a shot he took in downtown GDL, a place we visited numerous times.


Speaking of family, a family friend recently misspoke and said TMJ instead of TMZ. You can imagine that I wanted to remember that for a CoV topic.


Look at this furniture. Doesn't it make you feel like the photo is messed up? Nope. He made it that way.

[Monday update] Listen, I've got a lot to do, so we can't just sit around talking like we normally do. Maybe we will have more time tomorrow. No promises, though.

No comments: