Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NZ, PF, and JR

OK, NZ Niece, it seems you are challenging me to find some photos of a place y'all have never been? Sure, you are in some foreign country now with tons of photos I cannot match while all I have is the grandeur of Amarillo, TX. Anyway, that is cool that you went to the Tower in San Antone. I have not been to the city itself in almost 8 years, and some 45 years since I saw the tower. Thanks for sharing.

OK, let's go to the Petrified Forest. Let's see your picture from there. Well? Anyway, this one is from around 1970, so another oldie but goodie. Nice of those two people in ponchos to come help us, huh? Oh wait. That's Architect Bro (AB) and me. I suspect you will see those ponchos again soon. [Wednesday update] No, I do not have that poncho anymore. I cannot say if AB has his or not.


Another thing you will see soon is another Clarity of Vision comic. For now, though, here is today's. Yes, we are going to a Spring training game on Thursday. No, I don't know which teams.


Did anyone watch Bates Motel yet? It is a modern re-imagining of Psycho. I am not sure of it yet.

I just got back from a Chorale concert. It went fairly well. I don't know when the next one is. I know it is not this weekend (because we sang last Sunday and today) and not next weekend (because it is Easter).

Sometime in the last few days (I don't remember when), we watched J.R.'s funeral on Dallas. Wow, even the credits made you nostalgic. It played the old theme music and had several scenes with J.R. walking away from the camera while putting his cowboy hat on. The episode was good, too. It had Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban on it.

[Wednesday update] Well, Spring officially arrived this morning. You can tell since we are dropping our temps all the way down to 86F. Of course, in the upper Midwest, they are waking up to -5F, so I guess I'll take mid-80s.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Ok, I cannot match that photo but I do appreciate my dad in a poncho! I have been called a bad Texan for not watching the new Dallas but I never watched the old one.