Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coughing, Comic, Cruising around a track and Cindy

I did go to work today, but I was still sneezing and coughing a lot. And MBH is still fighting it off, too. Do not get this. I am not having fun.

Watch at least the first five minutes of this video. Ricky Jay has some serious card manipulation skills.

A couple of these signs are cute. Several seem a little too staged.

I guess the Disneyland crew is having fun. We have not heard much from them. I think they return tomorrow.

Let's go with Star Wars for today's CoV. Are you excited for a new reboot of the franchise? I am not sure yet.


'Member that I told you about go-karting last Friday. Here is the team posing after our run. We used the track on our right.


[Tuesday update] I woke up this morning thinking about my cousin Cindy, who was born with Down's Syndrome. I remember from my dream that I was taking a photo of some family (I don't know who, and I don't know where) and when I looked in the viewfinder, I saw my cousin sitting behind them on a bench. She was holding a cane and smiling like she always did. When I recognized her, I lowered my camera, but she was not there. I'm no dream whisperer, but it made me smile to think of her. She passed away last year and now is in heaven with her perfect mind, praising Jesus and visiting in a way she never could with her loved ones. I smile as I remember her always saying, "Hey, Randy." "What," I would usually reply, sounding perturbed but smiling at her. "C'mere," she would respond. I would walk over to her and she would smile in her special way and say, "I love you." What can you say to that except, "I love you, too, Cindy." As I wrote that, my eyes got misty. I know Cuz and Aunt Frances miss her, but she is happy and healthy in Heaven.

[Tuesday update] What else can you say after such a personal memory? Nothing. Let's get today started. Remember to enjoy your loved ones while they are with you.

3 comments:

Keith said...

What a great memory! I can here that dialogue so clearly!

Lewis said...

Randy,
Thanks for sharing the memory of Cindy. It is kind of strange because I was looking at the obits. on the internet this morning and I looked at one just because the little old Italian lady had made it to 100 years old. The write up stated that on Saturday nights you would find her watching her favorite TV show "The Lawrence Welk Show". Of course, it made me think of Cindy's comment regarding that particular show that we still laugh about. I think one of you guys reminded me about it the last time you were down here. We miss her a lot, but what a great reunion she must be having with those friends and loved ones who have gone before us. I am loving the old pictures. Especially liked the Elton John glasses you had. I had some just about as big though. Have a good week.

Keith said...

Did I say "here" instead of "hear"?