Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Looking at the Past (Photo, CoV Idea) and the Future (Father, Vote Off)

Let's keep going with the photos from our past. Today is a shot of Christmas 1984 (I think). I am sure most of you have similar memories of days gone by or even from your own childhood. It does bring back some fun memories for me. Look at the madness. And look at the facial hair, and the guys look shaggy, too. Ha ha. A little photographer humor.


Here is a CoV from an idea I saved in January of 2010 and never got around to using.



I have been less diligent in my Bible study since I started working again. That has to disappoint God. I know I don't like it when a child or grandchild doesn't interact with me sometimes. Anyway, at Chorale practice while ago, we sang a song whose words impacted me. Do you ever sing a song without even really hearing the words? Well, I heard this one. It is Trust His Heart.

All things work for our good, though sometimes we can't see how they could.
Struggles that break our hearts in two sometimes blind us to the truth.
Our Father knows what's best for us;
His ways are not our own.
So when your pathway grows dim, and you just can't see Him,
remember, you're never alone.
God is too wise to be mistaken.
God is too good to be unkind.
So when you don't understand,
when you don't see His plan,
when you can't trace His hand, trust His heart.

OK, that's what's on my mind tonight. Until tomorrow then.

[Wednesday update] Let's go with Corinne to be voted off of Survivor tonight. There was some smack talking about her last week and I think it is time for the Favorites to lose. With pizza and wings coming, I know I am not going to lose...neither in taste nor in weight. That's OK. We only do this once a week.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

whoa....the bearded dude and his bro's look so young hardly recognize them? commercials-yea they kind of get in the way of the spirit of IF your team is in the "winning" category? unlike our cardnials; but we are now on the city slickers basketball which i check out occasionally: picks for me is kansas & purdue. dOnT watch the survivor soap opera-land-although the pizza and wings sound good but NOT this early in the morning....pizza hut commercials just make me want to jump in the car and grab a "hawaiian" slice, but then of course i love to grab a slice at Barro's which is closer to my house. ---------[ciao]