Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Paul Was a Saint

Yes, the Apostle Paul was a saint. Following his conversion, he served the Lord faithfully for the rest of his days, even facing down Peter. I was talking about my nephew, Paul, who prepared the hamburgers and chicken last night for our Labor Day cookout. It was good and he stood outside in the heat grilling all the meat. KIK+JV was there, but L was missing in action with a migraine. Lynds, I hope you are feeling better today.

Hey, how could he afford all that meat? Maybe he got a raise? Maybe he still gets a bonus? Which reminds me of today's CoV.

I am preparing to teach Nehemiah 2 this coming Sunday. Our regular Sunday School teacher is out this week. We just finished a Jerry Bridges' study of Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts, so this more traditional Bible study feels a little dry. No, I don't have any ideas for changing that right now.

I guess, now that we are past Labor Day, all school are in session. I know that K&A have been in school for five weeks now. Maybe AZ requires more days in school? Maybe other places don't get off a week in October and another in March? I'm glad we do, though, because it lets us take a couple of vacations with the folks.

Well, holiday is over. Let's get busy and justify our jobs. After all, it already Tuesday, so we've only got three more days after this to make it through the week.

No comments: