Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Made the Call

Yep, it's official. I called the auto repair shop and said not to fix the Altima. Now, I need to go purchase a handgun and shoot my car in a symbolic Wild West goodbye. Or, maybe I just need to decide how I will dispose of the car and get those arrangements made. I have not yet started searching for a replacement.

I do not need a replacement for my cell phone yet. Even when I do, I don't look forward to adding a data plan and its cost to my monthly bill.
Did you catch the homage to Airplane! in the first two panels? The website Lovefilm recently voted that movie as the funniest ever with an average of 3 laughs per minute (LPM). I do not have a problem with that. I think Hangover was #2 at 2.4 LPM and Naked Gun was #3 at 2.3 LPM.

I have three meetings before lunch and another possible afterward. How, you may ask, will I get anything done? No, it's OK. I said you could ask. Two of them relate to the new assignment I have working on campus adds and shutdowns. So, we will talk about it at 8am with a kickoff call at 9am. We had one call yesterday. It seems interesting.

The folks were back at Chorale last night, so it was good to see them there. For some reason, overall attendance has been down the last couple of practices. Maybe people are extra busy for a while as school and fall activities ramp up?

OK, I just ran out of creative thoughts. If you want, you can imagine me saying clever things about whatever you are interested in. Or we can both just get today started and visit again tomorrow. Whichever is OK by me. See ya.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

I didn't catch the airplane reference although I do love that movie! There were many parts of Lord of the Rings filmed on the north island especially near Rotorua where the boiling mud and steam vents are. But I've never actually watched the movies!