Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Last Minute Substitution

I had a totally different CoV in mind for today, and then a different spin on the theme I actually used for my next CoV idea, and ended up with this one.
No, I did not watch the game, but I did see the botched call on the news and decided it needed to be commented on. Do you think this will prompt the league to settle this thing and get on with the regular officials?

Whoo hoo. We should be some 10°F cooler today than yesterday. Finally, we will be under 100°F, so Fall has arrived. So, we should not be as hot as the Packer's fans were last night.

I did get a notice from a manager that I needed to kick off an unexpected project while I am covering for Pat. So, I did the first few steps in the process. Nothing else surprising, and even this was less surprising than that call in the NFL game last night.

The Chorale has a concert tonight instead of a practice. It is in a care facility near a local hospital, but it usually has pretty good attendance. Still, we have to wear our blue striped ties (of course, we will have on other clothes, too). Then, we have another striped tie concert on Sunday.

You have got to check out Lindsay's blog today. She has three new posts and a dang photo that will surprise and delight any preacher-types who read this blog. BTW, Lindsay, I don't know if we captured a photo of Ali on the TRH saddle (see yesterday's post and Lindsay's response for context). Maybe next year.

OK, in the words of the wise R.E.M. "I've said too much. I haven't said enough...." Yeah, whatever that means. So, I'll end with one more quote, this one from my quotes calendar. "It's like being in the huddle with God, and that indeed is high praise." Darrian Chapman during a Johnny Unitas tribute.

2 comments:

Lewis said...

I can't even get that excited about the bad officiating now that the Saints cannot win a game. You should be able to beat Kansas City at home even with high school officials and an interim interim head coach. Oh well, my opinion on the officials is whatever Drew Brees says, since he is now the King of Louisiana. Although, I think all that designation gets you is free shrimp po-boys for life.

Keith said...

I didn't know they had dang stumps in NZ! Rick's the man for bringing holiness to this island country.