Tuesday, September 11, 2012

No Rain Delay

I chose a football reference for today's title after working on the Clarity of Vision for the day. See?

There actually was some rain delay on the freeway earlier. Oddly, in my own unscientific investigation, it seems the traffic slows worse in light rain than in heavier rain. Doesn't that seem counterintuitive? Friday was heavy rain and today was light and the slowing was worse.

Hey, the car repair shop said they can get my car running again for as low as $885. Still, that is almost $1000 with no guarantee of how long it would then last. I'm afraid the Altima's days are done. If I donate it, I am guaranteed a write-off of at least $500, plus they will tow it. So, I will begin the search for a reasonable used car. I checked on Hondas, but that looks a bit too expensive. I'll let you know.

I've got some training starting today on the new area I am supporting. We have a dedicated project manager for handling IT integration of new campuses, campuses that are moving, and those closing. I will be back-up in this area going forward. Today's meetings are for Indiana and New Mexico.

Lindsay, sorry for the delay in reading your NZ posts. I am caught up now. As I wrote this, I tried to find a clever way to spin it, but I just kept forgetting to check, even though KHW was telling me you had new posts. I apologize.

OK, let's get some of my work out of the way before my new campus meetings begin. We have two kickoff calls this morning, and you saw in the CoV what that stands for (at least in my imagination).

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

You are forgiven :) I just need confirmation that at least one person is still reading! I have a ton of blogs I read so I check my feed almost every day so it is easy for me!

The Grandparents said...

Make that at least two people!