Friday, September 28, 2012

Do NOT Research Nutrition Info

Well, unless you want to see exactly why we are on our way to becoming the greatest nation on Earth (at least in terms of waist size). Wow! I had some chicken wings left over from the Great Walker Get-Together each Wednesday, and I wondered what they calories and fat content were. Sure, I knew they would not be very good, but did not expect them to be abysmal (how often can you work that word into daily conversation?). 95 calories each, 5 gr fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 1020 mg sodium. I suppose you could justify some of that in moderation, but I had 10 of them for lunch. Yeah. So, I had to hit the gym last night. No, I didn't go in since I am not a member, but I did hit it. Ha ha. Of course I went in and did 30 min cardio and 30 min upper body weights. So, I maybe worked off 3 of them.

I am definitely not in good enough shape to be on Survivor. I wonder how quickly I would be voted off?

I show two meetings set up for today. Plus, I need to schedule a meeting for the area I am covering. And I have to compile and publish the weekly status report by early afternoon.

Hey, we have a concert Sunday evening. Did you remember that I told you about it earlier in the week? Yeah, we have to wear the white shirts and blue-striped ties, so it must be at a church. The good thing about a late start is it doesn't impede on our lunch. The bad thing is it is right in the middle of normal Sunday night eating. It's always something, huh?

I don't know of any specific plans for the weekend. How about you (yes, including any ex-pats in the family)?

Hey, check out this art. Those are pencil drawings, not photos. Amazing, huh?

I am ready to start today's fun, so I'll step away from the keyboard. Well, that's figurative since my whole day is keyboarding, but I will close up the post for the day. Have a great weekend and check back on Monday.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

those drawings are amazing! we visited Wellington this weekend and traveled back to Auckland via train....so you can look forward to some fun posts and photos soon. Although, I leave Wednesday night for my race so it may be delayed!