Friday, September 14, 2012

I See The Minophen

Did you know that acetaminophen is the drug name for Tylenol? Drug names are always weird, long names. So, a friend at work was taking some drug with a long name whose side effect was short term memory loss. Here is what I heard.
Well, that may not be exactly what I heard, but it is what I wanted to hear.

We are supposed to be back at 100°F today. *Sigh* I know the cooler weather is coming. And with the nights only getting into the 80s, the pool is already getting a bit brisk. Still, I would not be surprised if we get in with the girls this weekend.

Yes, we have the GRANDS and the GRANDDOG this weekend while the parents and aunt are having birthday celebrations out of town. Jack does not like loud sounds, but when their dog and ours get together, it is a Bark-Fest! The poor guy probably goes home all nervous and jittery and may even associate sleep problems with visiting his grandparents.

Today's Stupidest Things calendar entry: "Deep-fried Prawns with Sliced Albinos" on a menu at the Hua Ting Hotel and Towers, Shanghai, China.

I got an email earlier this week from a guy in Sunday School who said I did a good job. He did not have his Study Guide with him or he would have noticed I skipped the whole middle section. This week, though, I get to sit back and jump in with clever quips and not be in charge of guiding the discussion. I will not say anything about the Dung Gate in the wall around Jerusalem.

What's up with you? Did you read Lindsay's blog about dressing up with an Afro wig and traveling over 1000 kilometers with only $10? Be sure to read it and see the clever company challenge she proposed.

OK, the office noises are starting. No, it's not spooky, just not as quiet as when I arrive and no one else is in the room. I'll be back on Monday, leaving my better half to enjoy her vacation day with the GRANDS. So, I may be sleepy.

No comments: