Monday, October 01, 2012

Golden Arches

Well, I suppose the arches on my feet are not golden. More like golden age. No, more like fallen arches. If I walk around barefoot for too long, my feet start hurting. I need those arch supports all the time. When did I reach the "golden" age? What's going to fall apart next?

Unless I mention it in my blog, you people would not know anything about my private life. Celebrities are not so lucky. They have paparazzi stalking them 24x7. You've probably heard about "Topless Kate."
What were you expecting? Nothing salacious here. In fact, I don't even know what salacious means.

I've got to lead a conference call today about shutting down seven locations in VA. I am a bit nervous because I did not get a chance to participate in a call about this before Pat left. I know we'll get through it, but I don't know if I will ask the best questions to draw out the pertinent details. In fact, I don't even know what pertinent means.

We saw the GRANDS for a bit yesterday afternoon. And we kept the nursery at church yesterday morning, so we were able to hold Jack for a bit.

Did you watch Last Resort? It looks intriguing. What about Revolution? Also seems interesting.

Today's calendar entry:
Lawyer: What's your brother-in-law's first name?
Witness: I can't remember.
Lawyer: He's been your brother-in-law for years and you can't remember his first name?
Witness: No, I'm too excited. (Gets up from his chair and points to his brother-in-law.) Nathan, for God's sake, tell them your first name.

Well, I have to prepare for the conference call and Monday is our usual team leadership meeting which requires metrics, so I can't sit around chewing the fat all morning. In fact, I don't want to chew any fat at all. See you tomorrow.

No comments: