Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We Interrupt This Blog For a Presidential Address

Did you watch last night's State of the Union address by the president? I confess that I did not. first, I was at Chorale practice. Even had I been at home, though, I would not have watched. I wouldn't watch it no matter who was president. And nowadays, even if I decided to watch, I would not do so live. That's what DVRs are for. You can skip all the commercials during regular TV and all the applause during speeches.

I did read some of his points online this morning, though. One, to find out what topics he thinks are most critical, and two, so I could create today's Clarity of Vision comic.

I still have a lot of data to cull for the VP report I am working on. My timeline takes me right up through Friday afternoon, and no wonder. There is a lot of information, and it's sooooo boring that I have to stand up for frequent breaks.

I woke up cold again last night at around 2am. You know, they say that getting cold is not uncommon for people my age. That's bad. I've reached "that" age when you can say things happen to people my age.

The Chorale ordered new copies of our CD and the director had a great idea for a way to minister using them. He gave each of us a free copy and asked that we share it in whatever way we feel led. I have a great idea for mine. There is a lady at church whose sister attempted suicide a couple of months ago. I think I will give it to her and ask that she share it with her sister. Yeah, I know it may not be her type of music, but it was what came to mind when Bruce talked about this ministry.

What's that I hear? It's the sound of an approaching deadline, so I'd best start running. No, I'm sure that's not a train I see at the end of this tunnel.

No comments: