Thursday, January 05, 2012

Use Your Skillz, Man

"I got skills. They're multiplyin'." I think I do have some skills, but I am not sure they are multiplying like John Travolta sang in Grease. However, I do believe that this next generation will be much more sophisticated in their acceptance and usage of technology. Hopefully, not this sophisticated.

Yes, I am working on bringing in a contractor to help with my VP assignment. I know he is young (for me, who isn't?), and I hope he does bring in some skills to make quick work of this. I am having to tweak my spreadsheet a bit due to the limitation of seven IF statements in a single cell. I don't want to use VBA, so I am getting a little creative.

Hey, I talked with my sister-in-law, Denise, yesterday. They are the last of my nuclear family left in Dallas. No, everything is fine. She was just following up with a call that I had left on their answering machine that they just now listened to. Hey, Nisey, everything is fine here in the Valley of the Sun.

Lindsay, sorry I did not get back to you on the camera research. I heard you got a Sony for Christmas, but your Mom did not remember which one. So, which one? I check Facebook about as often as your Mom checks her answering machine.

I woke up with a slight sore throat today. Many people from work have been out a few days with colds or flu or something. I hope I am not getting it. And I certainly don't want Kathie to get it.

With it being so warm here already, I turned the A/C back on. Then, this morning, it was nice and toasty under the covers and I slept a little late, so I'm behind my usual morning schedule. I will chat with you more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Yeah, I woke up with sinus & throat problems Tuesday morning. By 8:00am it was progressing like a freight train. By evening, I decided I better get to the doctor, so, first thing Wednesday I went to wait in line at the local clinic. Bottom line: I have Strep Throat.
Since we're several hundred miles apart, you can't blame me for your sore throat, but I would appreciate your prayers--especially that the rest on the family in my house don't catch it.