Thursday, January 12, 2012

Show Me the Money!

For some reason, the beginning of this year has felt really tight on our finances. One drawback of getting paid every other week is that it does not always coincide with when the bills are due. So, it could be that we started off out of synch and have not caught up yet. After all, we are only two weeks in. How about y'all?

Luckily, I do have a good job. And I still have a few years before retirement. Well, unless something like this happens....

So, we are trying to eat healthier, got more exercise, and get into the Word more. No, I wouldn't call them resolutions, but they are things that we consider important in our lives. This week's memory verse (from our Sunday School Pursuit of Holiness study) is 2 Cor 7:1 "Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." We are walking at least a mile at night with the dog (16 min per mile, Lindsay. Not quite marathon speed yet). And we are cooking chicken and whole wheat pasta and stuff at home instead of eating out.

I found out yesterday that the contractor that was to help me with the VP assignment took a full-time job elsewhere. No, I don't blame him. I would do the same thing. So, today, I need to identify alternatives (probably either some other contractor or extend the timeline and I do it all myself).

Well, I am burning daylight, so let's hit the trail, pardners. Happy trails to you until we meet again (I wonder what pulled the "trigger" on that memory?)

No comments: