Thursday, January 26, 2012

Time Is A-Ticking

I am down to two workdays left before my report is due to the VP. By my count, I still have 133 presentations to pull the data from, and 16 hours to make it happen. That's about 8 per hour, and I have averaged about 6 per hour in the last couple of weeks. Why did that dude have to find another job instead of helping me?

Speaking of helping someone, I am sure this guy meant well as he counseled a coworker. By "meant well," I am saying he at least never lied. It is more of a sin of omission.

We went to Chompies for dinner last night and I was sorely tempted to get liver and onions, but felt the fried food would not help my diet. So, I had grilled chicken and steamed spinach. The waitress suggested we try the Jewish sliders, but "Oy, Vey," I didn't feel like it. Maybe next time. Oh, I have left-overs, but I forgot to bring them.

Alison has already completed her tax returns. I have not even started gathering my numbers yet. How about you? Is yours already finished? In fact, I have not even gotten my W2 yet.

Tired of reading already? I am tired of writing, and yet, I will be at the keyboard all day. So, let's get a jump on it. Have a good day. I decided to end with a Steven Wright joke. Remember him. Crazy-haired guy with a slow, deadpan delivery? Anyway, I got my driver's license photo taken out of focus on purpose. Now when I get pulled over the cop looks at it (moving it nearer and farther, trying to see it clearly)... And says, "Here, you can go.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

P-retty I-mpressive M-aterial P-rovided of the "PIMP" category? final answer-no, i have not even started on taxes stuff....hate the thought of doing them as i wont have much to even write down/off? fred came and fixed my gate of the front entrance of my house (which was in handicap state since i moved in-july of 1995; so decided to paint the rod-iron fence since fred painted a portion of it already--then this led me to of course paint the stairway inside my house since it needed done (according to my standards) not ever if pat was still here! as for the D.L.--well i got mine when they were offering the 25 year picture/plan so i am good for another 12 years or so. [later dude....sunday as a matter of fact]