Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm Not Comfortable With That Diagnosis

I think that I mentioned that we put Alison's car back in the shop for a problem they said had been remedied. They told me that the problem with her key not coming out of the ignition was "maybe a bent key" and that we should "use the new key and keep the old one for a backup." That does not make me feel like they really found the problem. So, I will drive it the rest of this week and see if it is a problem while I am driving it.

It sounds like the company may be outsourcing some of the infrastructure support roles like network support. That feels like some of the stuff Motorola did before it split into multiple companies. Sure, I get that you want to focus on core strengths and you want to save some money, but it feels a little scary to me.

So, we'll just have to do the best we can on our projects. And that includes having an effective kickoff meeting.

Anybody ready for the election hype and rhetoric and mud-slinging to be over? Yeah, me, too, but we've still got ten more months of it.

What's going on with bringing in that contractor, you ask? Yes, I asked yesterday and have not heard yet.

Until he arrives, though, I've got plenty to do. I imagine that you do, too, so let's all go do whatever we do.

No comments: