Wednesday, January 04, 2012

How Much Does I-O-Weigh?

"They can be cold as a falling thermometer in December if you ask about the weather in July." That's a line from the song Iowa Stubborn in The Music Man. I don't know if it really applies, and I don't care. I was just building on the Iowa Caucuses yesterday and the media hype surrounding the voting of 100,000 people. I even used it in today's Clarity of Vision.

I wanted to stay home and veg last night, but I got up and went to Chorale. As usual, I enjoyed myself and I am glad I went. Oh, the folks said "Hi." No, not really. I don't even know who is reading this.

Schools are starting back. Traffic is increasing. The temperature is dropping to 76F. Winter is in full swing here in the Valley.

Well, I figured out how to manipulate the extracted data for the VP. I still need to consider how to eliminate no-longer-relevant data, though, as a project moves through the approval cycle.

Let's get this party started. I mean, it's time for the workday to commence. Thanks for standing around the water cooler with me. Do places even have a water cooler anymore? We do, but no one stands around it that I have seen. I will wait beside the water in morning. Meet me here and I will share the latest news then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm this reminded me of "old mac donald" had a farm; yes winter is here in full force -finally got my house heater unit running as it was out the month of december, by blowing cold air (it must of thought we live in alaska?); fred fixed the front gate for me: it was like once you are in the house you are locked in due to the gate which was/has been handicapped since i moved in. fred is a deacon and tells me is getting practice by helping me out...we have a young man from corona named adam jackey who will be leading music in a couple of weeks-dont know too much about him other than he was also leading music at parkway "formally valley so." my ears perked up as my response was- your kidding? i was there 20 years ago-its a small world i guess. well since you havent noticed your water coooler is out of cups i cant stay and chat anymore....same bat time tomorrow? same bat channel too i guess. [chow,