Monday, August 22, 2016

Zombies and Fake Ear Plugs and a Beer That Will Make You Smile

As I write this paragraph, it is Sunday afternoon. We just watched the USA Men's Basketball team capture the gold. We may or may not watch the Closing Ceremonies tonight. The Opening was underwhelming, so I don't know if it will be worth our time. Overall, though, we enjoyed the Olympics, but it will free up time once they end.

We just returned home from a staycation at a local resort with SS and D-I-L and the GRANDS. It was a lot of fun and a nice break from the normal weekend. Right now, it is back to my normal weekend and I am doing some work on the pool, so it is quite warm as I brush the algae and clean the chlorine generator.

Well, I didn't find much to share, so let's go back to the well. Here is a photo before the Stock Photo Inserter Dude adds himself to the photo. It is a hilarious photo even before he makes his changes.


















And now, the photo including him. Again, he did a good job with shading.


















I looked up the Christian singing group Glad on the web, and found that one of the original members passed away from cancer earlier this year. I do remember having seen that he was ill. I also made sure there were no albums that I was missing. That made me want to listen to them, so I found this live version of Be Ye Glad that you should listen to. It makes me want to have the Bros and Dad sing it next time we are together.

I do still have some images of inanimate objects that look like faces. Here's one you can almost taste.





















Check out the small print in this sign on a store front. You may need to expand this image so you can read them (yes, they say different things).























Here are some photos of Arizona from Matt Seuss, a photographer that I like. My favorite of this bunch is the one with the rocks reflecting in the water.













I just checked again and found a site called Pop Sugar that told me about 30+ breakfast casserole recipes that my grandmother never made. At first, I was surprised they even knew about my grandmother, but then I realized they were speaking in generalities. So, a few that caught my eye include Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal, Blueberry French Toast Casserole and Maple Cream Cheese Glaze, Cranberry Apple Baked Oatmeal, Ham and Cheese, BLT Egg, Stuffed Cranberry French Toast, Overnight Monkey Bread French ToastApple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bake, and Blueberry Breakfast Bake. If I had to choose one, it would probably be the Apple Cinnamon Quinoa.

A couple of photos (three, really) from the reunion a couple a months ago. First, here is a rag-tag crew ready to take the Gondola from Telluride to Mountain Village.















Next, this photo from inside the gondola shows what is clearly a restriction on zombies taking the trip over the mountain. I suppose it could actually be a depiction of Frankenstein. No, I'll stick with no zombies.






















Finally, a cute shot of a couple of families posing on top of the mountain.















I came across this tattoo of an incredibly real-looking USB port. First, no tattoo for me, thank you very much. Second, ouch! That had to hurt right behind her ear.






















I am out of things to share. Well, I do have a couple of things that I found, but they are similar to the recipe list about, so I will save them for another day. I hope you will come back another day, also.

No comments: