Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Math and Music and Models and Steve Buscemi

Want to watch the mathematically correct way to cut a bagel. To me, it looks stupid and time-wasting and impractical for toasting.

Neither AAD (Almost Accountant Daughter) nor I have ever tried them, but overnight oats sound really good. Have you ever made them? What did you think? The recipe attached includes chia seeds and vanilla and cinnamon.















Did you know that the model from the original Star Trek series is in the Smithsonian Museum? It seems they spent almost two years restoring it. Watch this interesting video to see what sent into making it look like we remember from the TV show.














And since we are looking at Star Trek videos, here's one showing some of the shots from ST:TOS that they used over and over throughout the 79 episodes.

Have any of you gotten caught up in the Hamilton madness that afflicts our family? You cannot have an award-winning musical without parodies springing up. Here is a cute parody based on mathematics about a dude also named Hamilton (no relation to the bagel math above not to Alexander Hamilton). The same guy has previously made a science-themed parody of Wicked (and I might have shared it before).

I thought this Tweet was pretty clever. Pretty, pretty, pretty clever.























I liked this one, too.










I liked this photo that I found while surfing the information superhighway last night. Maybe the folks won't read my blog today and I can try this at their house. Or even at SS's house.
























On our second full day in Ouray last month, we went into Yankee Boy Basin for a picnic. The challenge was that we did not have enough 4WD vehicles for the last 2 mile stretch. So, we had people drive in as far as they could and then shuttled the others in. The problem was that some families ended up waiting almost an hour for a ride. Once we got them there, it was a beautiful place, as always. Here, some of the kids were playing on some old ruins back behind our traditional picnic location. Check out the scenery.
















This next shot shows Architect Bro with his son-in-law and a grandson as they hiked around in the Basin. It reminds me of a similarly aged GRAND when my own was that age there at our picnic spot.
























I liked the lonely look of these car seats stacked up waiting while their SUVs were being used to ferry families into Yankee Boy.
























Curious about my iTunes numbers? It doesn't matter. You know that. I am going to share whatever I want because it's my blog. As you remember, I have the opportunity to download five songs per week from our local public library. So, I am filling out all sorts of artists. Today, I grabbed music from Curtis Stigers and Dan Fogelberg. Of course, the options are limited through the library, so I have also been grabbing some music through youtube using a converter tool. I grabbed some Caro Emerald and Lady Danville from there. Anyway, my numbers are 14,695 songs, 1318 albums, which would take almost 38 days to play. It sucks up 125GB, though, so that stinks.

I did not put up a blog post yesterday. Did you notice? I stayed home feeling a bit under the weather. And I did not look for a comic-building tool. I did a little work, but not enough. Then again, is it ever enough? Luckily for you, I am not going to make today's post twice as long to make up for yesterday. Even if I wanted to, I am outta time. So, let's publish this baby and get Terrific Tuesday underway.

No comments: