Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Bunch of Photos and Cauliflower Bacon Biscuits

Where were you people when I needed you? No one told me that yesterday was International Waffle Day. I saw it last night as I was surfing for blogging fodder. Surprisingly, I did mention waffles yesterday from that article where a dude mentioned it was his choice over pancakes. Now, I guess I see why that article was published when it was. Anyway, I did not have any waffles. Too bad. I do like them. I did have some at brunch last Sunday.

I also did not have any Cauliflower Bacon Biscuits yesterday. Did you? Actually, I did not know there was such a thing. Hey, they are also gluten-free. Just sayin'. If your salivary glands are suddenly going crazy thinking about these biscuits, look here for the recipe.



















Have you ever watched a digital TV show or movie? I am sure many (or most?) of us have. Have you ever purchased one? I am sure many (or most?) of us have not. The industry is worried about it, too. One, even if we buy it, we won't really own it like a CD or DVD. Two, why since we can stream most things. You can glean a few more details here.

Can this be a real photo? Who would have even thought to set it up? A photo by Mehmet Karaca on 500px.com.
















Come on. When you see a group of images like this, you know what I expect you to do. For me, I would choose Morning Mist as my #1, and then either New York New York or La Mer. I guess I'll go with NYNY for #2.

























How many of you would have even noticed the weirdness between the caption on the bottom of the frame and the subject of the image within the frame? I might not have, but now that I see it...ewww.























I looked at this next photo and immediately, the lyrics to a Beatles song came to mind. You, too? 'Birthday', right? But you thought of 'She Came In Through the Bathroom Window'? No, I thought of 'Birthday' because it goes, "Yes, we're going to a potty, potty."























This one brings the lyrics of a song by America to mind. If you thought of 'Lonely People' because of how happy everyone in the photo looks (not), well that's just weird. No, not because I thought of the same song. It's just weird how your mind works. No, I thought of 'I Kneed You' because of the knees right there in the foreground.
















How about a John Denver song? Maybe I won't tell you which one came in my head for this photo. Probably, there are several that could easily work. 'Rocky Mountain High' would work, but that is not the one I heard. OK, fine. It was 'Take Me Home, Country Roads'.
















Apparently, a photo of a girl sleeping in a library has taken on a life of its own on the interweb.














However, it captured the attention of Photoshop users and the results speak for themselves. Here are a few of them.


















Listen, I have an early morning meeting with my boss, and I still need to get ready, so we'll end it a little early. But listen. It's Friday Eve, so that has to help temper this bittersweet separation. You know I'll be back soon to waste both of our times, so be patient. Just keep thinking to yourself, "It's Thrilling Thursday" and it will be.

1 comment:

Keith said...

#1: Morning Mist
#2: Trees in Blue Green