Thursday, August 18, 2016

Jeeping and Dancing and Lazing Around

Yesterday, we learned how the town of Ophir got its name. And we saw some photos from Ophir Pass. We did not see where the town was, though. Let's fix that. You can see the town in the center rear of this photo, nestled at the base of the mountains surrounding it. See the little pond over near the right front? It looks pretty, doesn't it? Well, the color comes from the mine runoff, and that place is a mosquito-making machine. We tried to picnic there once, but we were getting eaten more than our picnic lunch, and we have never been back.















Here, you can see much of our caravan heading down towards Ophir and, ultimately, Telluride.















Does this photo look familiar? I seem to take a photo from this same location every time we travel this back road. It is nice here, but not as spectacular as when we are surrounded by Fall colors.






















I just searched for a copy of one of the Fall photos from this location on my blog and came up empty. I did, however, find my iTunes music count from 2006. At that time, I had 4,926 total songs. By January of 2015, I was up to 11,641 songs. If you remember from last week, I was at 14,373 songs. It seems I am slowing down, doesn't it?

If you have been following this blog for more than one week, I am sure you have seen ample evidence that my sense of humor is not exactly like yours. You can tell that I often find humor in the way some things are worded. Here is an example of that. Read the headline and guess why I would think this sad statement was funny.







Of course, I am sure you realized that I immediately would say, "Then stop putting those two kids in the stroller."

I have another pair of photos from the guy that inserts himself into stock photos. First, the original.






















No, that photo doesn't look staged, does it? Anyway, here is the photo after the guy inserts himself into it.






















No, it is not one of my favorites, but I like it because it is a perfect example of how well he matches color intensity, and shadow and edge detail. He done good.

All of you current or former dog owners will have known a dog like this. We had a dachshund once who would run alongside the mower and try to bite the cut grass as it flew out.

















As I look outside, Thursday snuck up on me and arrived while I was working. That almost certainly means I should join it so I am not 'burning daylight'. As I often do when I use that phrase, I will ask you what movie it is from, Did you remember that it was from 'The Cowboys'? Anyway, I burned a little bit more of today's daylight as I typed that, so I will sign off for today. Make it a Thrilling Thursday, my friends.

No comments: