Monday, August 15, 2016

Water Photos, Lots of Olympics and Doing the Olympic Dance

It is Sunday night and I am already working on Monday's blog post. We had a nice weekend with the GRANDS. GRAND#1 went to fly the drone with me at the park, and she did very well. However, we could not get the camera to work. The system kept saying it couldn't connect. After we came back home, I did some interweb research and thought I had it fixed, but when we tried it later... nope, still not working. I'll try to find it some evening this week.

Current iTunes music count - 14,373 songs
Current iPhoto picture count - 18,742 pictures

One of the 18,742 photos in iPhoto is this one of the smaller falls on Sneffels Creek in Yankee Boy Basin near Ouray, CO, with the mountains around the the basin in the background. Can you see why our family loves it there so much?
























Staying with the waterfall theme, here are the Twin Falls in Yankee Boy, and I slowed the shutter speed to smooth the water.
















And finally, there is one other falls along the creek right near the end of the basin. I don't know its name.
























One water-related thing I am NOT enjoying is the black algae that formed this past week in my pool. I guess something blew in with one of the storms. So, I spent quite a bit of time today sweeping and treating.It looks better, but the interweb tells me that it comes back easily, so I think that I am not out of the woods yet. Plus, I know that the salt level is too high, so my chlorinator may not produce enough chlorine. I need to drain it this fall and refill the pool.

Have you been watching the Olympics? We have. They are oddly addictive. I would not normally watch any of the sports, but come on people, it's the Olympics. All these countries (205) competing against each other. We saw Phelps win his last race. We watched Ledecky win her fourth gold. We enjoyed some volleyball and golf and the vault and more. Anyway, just one more week of this and then I will not watch these sports again for four more years.

One other fun fact about the Olympics. MBH likes to do a dance for her class using the Olympic theme music. Ask her to show it to you sometime.

Have you ever tried deep fried Twinkies? I think SS and I did one year when there was a 'fair foods'-type store in a mall near us. Anyway, you can now buy them in the frozen food aisle at your local supermarket. Will you rush out to try them? BTW, we actually did enjoy them.
















I do have another inanimate object that looks like a face. Would have seen the face if I just posted the photo with no caption? No, I did not take this shot. Yes, this is another water-related photo in today's blog. Speaking of which, can you believe the crazy flooding in Louisiana right now. Pretty sad and scary for them.


















I still have a couple of the meme photos for Small Print. Here's one someone found on their jeans.
























We are going to bed before Usain Bolt wins his next race. Yes, I did see that he was going to win, but we cannot stay up until close to 11pm just to see it. So, I will publish this in the morning so that it shows with Monday's date. Have a Magnificent Monday.

No comments: