Monday, August 29, 2016

Pyramids to Pastries to Parks to Phone add-ons

We just passed the 100th anniversary of the National Park System. You probably already knew that, didn't you. How many of the parks/monuments have you been to? Here is a quiz to see how many of the parks you can name just by looking at their maps. Good luck.

Why is bread bad for us? It should taste bad so we wouldn't want it. If you don't care, here is a 20-minute recipe for Really Good Garlic Bread.
















Why didn't I think of the apologetic idea in this next photo? Oh, maybe it's because I don't get in trouble?























Astronomy photo of the week.






















Here's an instructional video on how to hang something heavy on your wall. Maybe you are not struggling with that at the moment, but it never hurts to have the URL for a helpful video ready when you need it.

I flew my drone yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. Back then, I was flying with GRAND#1 and we couldn't keep the camera working. I forget if I mentioned that or not. Anyway, this time, there were no problems at all with the camera. Maybe there are too many competing wi-fi networks around the house. This time, I was at the drone park and everything was tickety-boo.

Thanks to SS and family, we have a portable bluetooth receiver that we can use in the car during trips. Maybe you do, too, or maybe you'd rather have one more permanent. If so, here are some ways to get bluetooth in your car.

"OK, kids. Good job clearing the road. Now, clean off that top layer of snow so that it looks all clean for the next visitors."

"Oh, look. Here comes my pet stingray, RayRay."
















"First, the pastries. And then we take over... the world. Ha ha ha ha ha."
















"Patience is a virtue. Don’t bug your partner about their weight. Try not to vex your boss." Sounds like something your parents would teach you about success, doesn't it? No, actually this advice came from writings over 20 centuries before Christ was born. Much of it has been compiled into a book called Writings from Ancient Egypt.

In the 'reasons you should get an Android phone instead of an iPhone' file, a new reason has been added. What if you could see through walls? With the WalabotDIY, Android phones use 3-D imaging to reveal studs, electrical wires, and pipes inside the walls of your home, making it easier to hang pictures or mount shelves. That sounds really cool, but right now, I will stay with my current phone.

Yum Brands, KFC’s parent company, has denied the truth of a recently revealed recipe. “Many people have made these claims over the years, and no one has been accurate — this one isn’t either.” What do you think? Have the secret 11 herbs and spices of KFC been found? I don't know. And I don't know the last time I had KFC. How about you?

I woke up with 'Marian the Librarian' from The Music Man in my head. I don't know why. As I type these final words, I am now listening to the link I just shared. Well, this version is probably not as good as SS did when he was Professor harold Hill in high school... or maybe I'm prejudiced. OK, it's Monday, we've got a whole week ahead of us. Let's start it on a great note. Make it marvelous, my friends.

No comments: