Friday, August 19, 2016

Photos I Found and a Photo I Haven't

It is time to come clean. It has always bugged me that women's gymnastics to done using music and men's gymnastics are done in silence. Why is that? Oh come on, if you know me at all, you know that I never even knew that until I read this article. And even after reading it and learning why, I still don't care. This was just my clever way of drumming up interest for you to read it, too.

Now, when I share an article with you and offer it for your reading pleasure, I have read it already and found it interesting or thought-provoking. It is nothing like when you taste something really good or really bad and you offer a bite to your companions. Then again, maybe it is exactly like that. Sometimes, what I share is something with which I totally agree, but other times, it is something that makes me go, "Dude, you are crazy. Why would you write that?"

Yesterday, I shared a photo from the Ophir Pass trail of a location I capture every trip. And yes, I do mean every one. Last night, I was looking through photos going back to 2009 for one of the shots taken in Fall to show you how that location looks decked out in colors. Nope, I didn't find it yet. I ran out of time because we had our pizza and video party over at the folks'. Hopefully, I can find a good one before next week so I can share it. How was the pizza? Fine. It was Pizza Hut, so not bad but not great. How were the wings? How did you know we got some? We did, and they were fine. How was the root beer? Well, I opted for water. How was the video? Dad did a good job and we all enjoyed the photos, videos, and drone footage combined with clever captions and a few sound effects. I think he has sent a copy to all the families.

The video included this image. I saw the logo on the side of a delivery van and zoomed in close to cut out the van itself. that's why the image appears a little bit warped.















This image is also in the video. see the orange shirt in the center rear of the photo? Those two people at that table are the only ones in the shot who are not part of our group. Yeah, we really took over this place that day.















This photo is NOT in the video. Maybe it hides the secret shame of making those two guys wait outside while we all enjoyed our lunch inside? Who can say? Or, just maybe, I wanted to catch a shot of the exterior of the bakery.















I did not see this particular cake at the bakery, but I think it is clever.













Another silly sign I found on the www.






















I did not watch the Olympics last night because I was watching our reunion video. However, I could not help but hear about the discovery that the USA Olympic swimmers were not robbed after all. What were those guys thinking? Did they not think the truth would come out?

Nope. Time is up. Nothing else for today. One piece of good news I will share is that IT'S FRIDAY! That means more time for family and friends for a couple of days, even if you are retired. I will see you next weekish.

No comments: