Friday, August 26, 2016

Remembering My Cousin. Remembering the Alamo. Forgetting My Music.

Nice car paint job. You may need to look at it twice.




















Honey Garlic Pork Chops. Need I say more?













"I am so hungry, I could eat a... What am I saying?"























I am not going to give you Webster's definition of a gulch. Even so, take a look at this photo. Would you think that valley over on the left is a gulch, or is that too big? So maybe over on the right side of the road? I don't really know.
















Why does there need to be a gulch anywhere? I was just assuming there would be an actual gulch because we took the road to the right of this sign.
















We told the girls to make snow angels, but forgot to tell them you have to lay down to actually for the image of an angel in the snow. There are only the three girls in the shot because only two Jeeps went four-wheeling that day. Well, I meant four Jeeps of our crew. I am sure that many more Jeeps than that went four-wheeling on the same day.
















Those last few photos were not stock photos. You may not use them for your own projects without my permission. However, these next two are stock photos that a guy has inserted himself into. I really like this one. His lighting is not as consistent as prior examples, but I liked his idea on how to put himself into the situation.































Newspaper blackout time. Have you tried to create your own version yet? Yeah, me neither.























I did try to find something on the internet that I didn't find. I found out today that one of my first cousins passed away about six weeks ago. He had a hard life, and then I did know that he have cancer (liver?), but did not hear he had died. It seems that his wife then committed suicide upon losing her husband. That is so very sad to me. Both parts of it. I tried to look up his obituary, but could not find it online. I am not sure why his brother didn't post it. Anyway, this cousin was always the wild one among us, and sometimes I would get upset with him, but he was still my cousin. You may remember that another of the cousins died last September. There were about 5-6 of us near the same age, and now, to have lost two of them is sobering. Enjoy your family while you can, my friends. Go to those reunions. Go on staycations with them. Eat lunch with them on Sundays.

Let's lighten the mood a bit. How about an Indian version of the Friends theme song? It is actually well done. Go have a listen. You can even have two if one leaves you still hungry. See what I did there?

Oh man. Having opened that youtube link, I am loath to close it. Let's go with another song in the Indian style. Game of Thrones? Less successful (for me) is Star Wars theme song in Indian style. So, let's go to a Western style version of the Game of Thrones theme. Game of Thrones theme by bagpipe? An acapella version? Yeah, I noticed there was some electronic manipulation of the voices. So, in protest of that, I will stop looking at youtube. For now, anyway.
















No editorial comment needed on this next internet find.























What is going on with my iTunes? A whole bunch of my songs are suddenly gone. It says the links are broken. I checked and I had set the flag to add the song to the library, so I don't know where they went nor why. Was it something I said. I will have to research and maybe grab them from youtube this weekend. Well, some of them. There are too many lost to fix in a short time.

I just read this article that seems very logical and maybe even practical, but I am very unlikely to make any changes because of it. What am I talking about? The author posits that the concept of three square meals a day has practically zero to do with our actual metabolic needs. And our dogmatic adherence to breakfast, lunch, and dinner might actually be making us sick. Maybe I shouldn't have read it while I was finishing breakfast? What do you think?

I researched today's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar entry. It seemed too contrived. Nope, I found the original article here.
ON HE’S CLEARLY NOT A PLUMBER
Police: Middletown Man Hides Crack In His Buttocks
headline, Hartford (Connecticut) Courant

People, people, people. The old clock on the wall says our time is at an end. In fact, the new clock says the same thing, so let's git 'er done. I am sure we will more time and more material to do this again next week. Just come by and check. Until then, have a great weekend and heed what I said above. Enjoy your life and your family.

No comments: