Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Proposing and Painting and People Passing and a Wookiee

I actually looked at this photo and did not recognize the way it camouflaged the fire extinguisher.























I don't speak nor understand Chinese, but I like these proposal options, and the comment from earlgreytea68 is perfect.























This photo was the firepit area in back of the large house rented for this summer's family reunion. We did not light it. It was already plenty warm, reaching 80F most days. However, it was a nice, shaded place to sit. You can see Mt. Abrams in the center background of the shot. The photo was taken from the balcony outside the main level of the house.
















When sitting in the firepit, if one were to glance over to the southwest, they would see this nice view.
















Here, we were playing a new electronic banking version of Monopoly. Take a look at the house and hotels around the board. I think that, by this point in the game, the nephew in the background owned all but a couple of them. He went on to win.
















Did you used to watch The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross? I would sometimes be channel surfing and land on one of his 300 episodes. Here is an article talking about the man behind the painter, and the story includes a link to one of the episodes. While I was working on today's post, I actually had this show on and watched most of it.

Did you see that Gene Wilder died yesterday at age 83 from complications of Alzheimer's disease? An odd thing about movie stars is that they kind of get stuck at a younger age because that is how I remember them. So now, to see that he was older than my folks is somehow a surprise.

Things that sound like Chewbacca. Does that tagline capture your attention? Years ago, Architect Bro used to be able to imitate the Wookiee sound. I don't know if he still can, but this dude's drawer does a pretty good imitation.














No caption required.




















Ooo, food. That reminds me that I have a saved article about all sorts of desserts that you can make with crescent dough. Things like Nutella-stuffed cronut holes, and Kit-Kat Croissant, and Apple Pie Roll-Ups.




















With that tasty photo still in your mind, I am dropping you like a hot potato, or like a microphone after a classic comment or song. Our time is up and neither of us wants me to overstay my welcome. Thanks for reading. Thanks for the memories (I was going to link Bob Hope singing his famous closing song and I did include the link, but it turns out that was called 'Thanks for the Memory' and not Thanks for the Memories. Who knew?)

OK, enough. Gotta go. Have a Tremendous Tuesday. See you soon.

No comments: