Wednesday, August 10, 2016

There's Gold in Them Thar Olympics

Let's open today's post with a prayer request. We learned yesterday that my sister-in-law has cancer. I believe they plan to treat it using chemo. Keep her and her family and the medical professionals in your prayers, please.

As I type this, it is Tuesday night and I just got home from Chorale practice. Our director is asking us to memorize four songs. Can you believe that? Actually, I know quite a bit of three of them already. Still, what if my rememberer doesn't work?

I am watching the Men's 4x200m Freestyle Relay and Phelps is going for the gold medal. Three laps left. Have you been watching any of the Olympics. I know that my folks have not, but we enjoy them. OK, yes, the US just won, so that makes his 21st Olympic Gold Medal. I was still at Chorale when he won his 20th Gold in the 200m Butterfly. He is doing pretty well for a 31-year-old swimmer in his 5th Olympics.

On the radio during my commute this morning, I heard the DJs talking about sports that are no longer part of the Olympics. You can read more about each here. They include crowd favorites such as Live Pigeon Shooting, Tug of War, Distance Plunging, and Solo Synchronized Swimming.

Today's 365 Stupidest Things Ever said calendar entry is worth sharing...I think.
Each organization intending to sponsor or conduct a cow-chip raffle shall furnish with its application, required pursuant to section 7-173, a cow-chip raffle plot plan displaying the land area to be utilized for such raffle and the numbered plots, each corresponding to a numbered cow-chip raffle ticket.
Connecticut law regulating cow poop raffles—in which a cow is placed in a field chalked in squares and people bet on which square it will poop

Look at this headline I saw in Yahoo this morning. I did not read the article, but it seems like cheating that this lady has a 'spare torso'. I can barely afford one torso, much less a spare.






We had a dust storm blow through yesterday. I wish I had taken a picture of everyone up at the windows taking pictures of the storm, but I didn't because I was up at the window taking pictures of the storm. Anyway, here you can see it coming towards us.


















And two minutes later, it is almost on top of us.


















Then, another three minutes later, it is surrounding us.


















After another five minutes, we are getting back to normal.


















I found this clever sign online.




















I do not have any tattoos, but even if I did, I don't think I would try to have a face tattoo. Does this really look like a tribute to you? I don't think they nailed it.

















Time! Ally ally in come free. My time is up for today. Thanks for reading or at least looking at the pictures. Choose to make today a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: