Tuesday, August 16, 2016

1 Cor 9:24 Run to win... And dive across the finish line if you must

Here is our group of Jeeps on the way toward a little off-road adventure. Looks fun, doesn't it? This is at the overlook just south of Ouray, CO.
















And here is the crew that piled out of those SUVs. Fine looking group, isn't it?
















And here we go, heading up a back road towards Ophir Pass on the way to Telluride. As you will see soon, the pass is just shy of 12,000 ft.
















Picture challenge. Which one grabs you the most?











At first, I thought I would select the clouds that look like fire, but I ended up choosing the last ones with the cabins.

Well, I ended up on a page that has more photos that I would choose.











Now, which one of this grouping? This time, I am selecting the one that first caught my eye. The fall colors in the first photo. My second choice would be #5, the band of sun across the peaks reflected in the lake.

I liked this Facebook posting.


















Did you hear about the runner who dove across the finish line of the Women's 400m race to beat the American runner? The runner from the Bahamas ended up winning by 0.07 seconds. What do you think? Is that fair? Apparently, the rules allow this. While I may not like it too much, I must admit it is fair and so, she wins Gold and the American takes Silver.














I can't think of anything else to share. I've got nothing new on the election front. Right now, Trump seems to be playing by the rules, and there have been no new Clinton email revelations. I've already mention the Olympics. I think the weather in Louisiana is getting better. Hopefully, none of my relatives have been adversely affected. I reckon we'll call it a day.

I just thought of something. Tonight is Chorale practice. We have a university music professor coming in October for a weekend to give us a clinic. That could be fun. I like our conductor, but working with a new one for a couple of days will be interesting.

Remember that I was having trouble with my drone this weekend? Well, I have not found the problem yet. It loses signal from the camera as soon as it takes off.

And NOW, I am serious. It is time to get Tuesday going. After all, if we don't get through Tuesday, and then Wednesday, etc, we'll never make it to the weekend. Have a great day. Make that your choice.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I know it is troubling, but my choices mirrored yours exactly.