Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Swan Song

It is the last day of September. I heard there was snow up near Vail and Breckenridge. You can tell it is fall here because we are not forecast to reach 100+ this whole week.

I did not load any of my archived photos last night, so here is the road on our way to Zion National Park in 2005. I saw the sun rays in front of the mountains and pulled over for a few shots.


















Now, here is the entrance to the park. When you visit a place, do you take a picture of the entrance sign or some way to depict the place you are entering? I don't always, but it does make a nice addition to the photos from that locale.


















And in the fall, there are beautiful leaves everywhere, even underfoot. Here is a shot of fallen leaves, minus the foot.



















This is the last of the alleged corporate memos or quotes that could provide a touch of levity to today.
"Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule." - 3M Corp

Today's music downloads included songs from Michael Martin Murphey, Looking Glass, The Association, The Guess Who and Blues Image. I get five downloads per week from our local library. Nice, huh?

Let's not wait as late as we did yesterday for a new Clarity of Vision comic.











Hey, look at this headline from Drudge Report and tell me what it means.



I think it means he is only 40% as intelligent as he could be. You may choose to interpret it by what they mean instead of only based on the words they used.

Then, I see the next grouping of articles, but it is not the words or even intent that catches my eye. It is the accompanying photo. I think he is asking "You sure this will regrow hair?"

















I don't know how many of you watch Family Guy. We sometimes do, but we did have to watch the Family Guy Visits Springfield episode. I was clever how they tied the two programs together. They, of course, had the regular actors provide the Simpsons' voices. You might want to catch it On Demand. Last night, we watched Gotham. I thought it was interesting, but I am not sure about the longer term prospects yet.

OK, one more picture of an article. Let's do the photo, and then I will reveal why I included it today.











Of course, the idea of caffeinated underwear is nothing new. Wait a minute! What!? Anyway, I saw this headline and my first thought was, "I think you CAN lose weight because I spilled coffee on my lap once and I was moving pretty quickly." That's exercise, right?

We only have two practices left in the Chorale before we record a new Christmas CD. Even though we have been practicing since June or so, there are a few songs where we still need more than two weeks of additional practice. We'll see how it goes.

Tuesday is breaking out all over, so I want to join in. Let's all celebrate together.

No comments: