Friday, September 26, 2014

A Lack of Color

As I was searching for what photos to share today, I came across an intriguingly named file Yosemite Falls BW.jpg that I did not remember creating. I had been trying to stay with the UK theme, but this photo was my attempt to do an Ansel Adams-style black and white landscape shot. I think it is pretty good.























And I am sure you remember my attempt last year to recreate a photo I like of aspen trunks. It doesn't matter. I am sharing it again anyway. This one has just a touch of sepia in it.













Finally, a view of mountain foothills done completely in sepia. I felt it showed the highs against the clouds a little better than black and white.


















I read a pretty funny review of someone considering purchasing an iPhone 6. I thought you'd like it, too. "I worry about the camera lens. I know it’s covered in space-age sapphire (?) which I believe is an indestructible material like adamantium or vibranium or a third made-up material. But it sticks out. It seems like a better thing would be for it to be sticking in, not out. Physics says this is impossible. This quandary keeps me up at night. I pace, sleepless for hours, arguing with physics in my mind. “Isn’t there anything you can do?” I ask physics. Physics says it will have to talk to its manager. It disappears into the back room. I hear voices. Physics returns, shaking its head. It says the best it can do is have the camera lens just stick out “a little”. I close my eyes and when I open them again, physics is gone. Somewhere a dog barks. Then the rain begins to fall. I am inconsolable."

This starts like an old-time western cowboy scene in a bar. However, their topics are decidedly 21st century.

Time for another of those allegedly real company quotes.
"This project is so important, we can't let things that are more important interfere with it." - United Parcel Service

Time for another of those allegedly funny Clarity of Vision comics, this time with another molasses theme. Would you have imagined this bad joke could stretch over two comics?













I read an article in the Huffington Post that said there is no proof that Jesus ever existed. Since Josephus and 126 other Jewish writers from back then did not mention him, he must not have existed. Since I rarely mention Obama and an archive of this blog could exist in the future, could that mean he might not have existed, either? Anyway, the story was written by a guy that has a book out called Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In 50-60 years, he is going to be quite surprised, isn't he?

I did not know that the house shown in the exterior shots of The Brady Bunch was a private residence. I assumed it was something on a studio backlot. Nope, you can go see it at 11222 Dilling Street in Hollywood. The interiors, though, were all sound stages. And was there a toilet in the bathroom set? Read this trivia and find out. Why is there Brady Bunch trivia? Because the first episode aired 45 years ago today.

You like trivia? Did you know that Darth Vader only has 12 minutes of screen time in the original Star Wars movie? I know! I was surprised, too. Hear 19 other facts in this Screen Crush video.

Before we part, let me place you into my thought process this morning. First, I read this story where the FBI is upset that Apple will encrypt messages so even law enforcement cannot read them. I then thought that, even though it could mean criminals could hide their plans, us normal folk could also be free from worrying about the government perusing every email and seeing that we cheated on taxes or stole a pen or something. Then, I remembered that someone had a quote about the law being an ass. So, I Googled it and found it was Mr. Bumble from Oliver Twist. Since he was talking about the law expecting that his wife follows his command, it reminded me there is a legal name for that.  I knew it was coverage or something like that. So, I Google "law marriage wife woman husband cover wiki" and found it is coverture. Now, I am not using any of this info for a purpose, but sometimes, I do go down a rabbit hole for arcane information.

I want to give you time for recovery after taking you down my 'law is an ass' rabbit hole, so let's end the blog on an uplifting note. No, we can't. I've got nothing. Still, have a great weekend. Recharge your batteries. Take a really long shower to rinse out the residue of our rabbit hole adventure and come back Monday. Agreed?

No comments: