Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Missed Y'all

I have finished loading all the CDs I found into iTunes. Surprisingly, I only have 5,300 songs, 528 albums (it would take 13.3 days to play them all). I thought it would be more songs than that. How many do you have?

I did find some photo DVDs that I need to evaluate against iPhoto next, but not yet.

I worked from home yesterday waiting on the plumbers to show up. I had a couple of things they needed to fix, and MBH and I debated hiring a local handyman to work on them. However, I wanted a warrantied, permanent fix. The bad part of that is... getting that guarantee does not come cheap. Anyway, since I was home, I did not give y'all a post, nor did I create a Clarity of Vision. We are back on schedule today, though, and I will inflict you with both.

Here is my second digital photo ever, taken back in 2004. Almost looks like a nice place to visit, doesn't it?






















Do you ever take photos of something that you want to remember to create your own version? I do, and here is a shot of a way to display a grouping of photos (here, the idea is to build on the blue hue of the three shots).























I also find other people's photos that make me want to take a similar one. Here is a photo of the stairs in a castle in Scotland from 2004. I have published a version of this before with the steps tinted different colors (no, I don't remember when I did that). I see these types of stair shots all the time, and when I saw this stairwell, I knew I could frame it similarly to those inspiration photos.























Do you know anyone using food stamps? Well, read this headline. Should we warn them? I guess only if they are in Illinois, huh?










And look at this one. I think John Kerry is saying "Mommy. They're being mean to me, and I'm the Secretary of State!".















Did you used to like Stefon on SNL? He always talked about these really weird places you could visit in NY. Anyway, Bill Hader, who played the character, says he believes Stefon was lying about all of that. Read the article for a little more insight. I liked reading this.

But I do not like the updated look of Yahoo! It was easier for me to scan through the headline stories in the old format. And I cannot find a way to switch back.

However, I do like the look of Clarity of Vision since I switched from Visio to Bitstrips. It takes a little longer to create them because now I must tweak the characters, but I can create situations and scenes to visually communicate something that required words in the old format.














I have told you in the past that I saw the original Star Wars film 19 times in the theater. back then, it was so new and original. As MBH can attest, though, I would always go into "light speed" on the way home after watching it. So, that was the idea I had in mind as I wrote this comic.

Thirty year old donuts, anyone? I ain't afraid of no donuts. Twenty-five year old Marty McFly sneakers, anyone? I ain't afraid of no hoverboardless shoes.

Wouldn't you think that working at KFC would be a safe environment? Apparently, not from this cake-throwing maniac. When will the madness end, my friends? When?

I cannot sit here and chew the fat with you all day. After all, it's not even on my diet. So, I'm going to do some work, and you can stay or go or whatever is in your plans. Speaking of plans, I "plan" to be here tomorrow.

No comments: