Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Anything But Routine

Are you a creature of routine? When you are out of your routine, do things seem out of kilter? Do you maybe forget to do things that normally just sort of happen? I do. Yesterday being a holiday, we got busy straightening a bedroom closet. So, soon after my shower, we were pulling stuff out and sorting it. As a result, I forgot to shave. And crazy me. When I started to shave this morning and felt my chin, I thought "Wow. My razor is doing a terrible job". Then, I remembered I hadn't shaved the day before.

I also lay out my pills and breakfast the night before. On the weekends, though, I don't always remember to do that. So, I sometimes forget to take my pills.

All of this could also just mean I am getting old as opposed to it being a habit. Let's blame my lack of photos today on me getting old. I sort of forgot to upload any last night. We did, however, finish the closet, and I straightened the top of my dresser, which hasn't seen the light of day since the early nineties.

I found some old photos of Ouray, CO, on this site. I find those interesting, especially if I am familiar with the area. I am sure I would like them even if I were not getting older.

I do enjoy hiking and seeing the gorgeous surroundings up in Ouray. It would also be cool (in both meanings) to see the Canadian Rockies. This video talks about scouting and capturing beautiful photos up there by a couple (in both meanings) of my favorite photographers.

Sometimes, we watch the Gordon Ramsey cooking programs during dinner. I suppose this comic was inspired by those, but I still wanted to write about a work-related theme.













I heard something this morning that reminded me of a Steven Wright joke. When I woke up this morning, my girlfriend asked if I had slept well. I said, "No, I made a few mistakes." Hearing that one then calls up other silly jokes he wrote. Here's one: I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms from the statues that are in all the other museums.

OK, ready to get this Tuesday that feels like a Monday started? Yeah, me neither, but I don't think we have a choice. Let's go.


No comments: