Monday, September 15, 2014

Marching To My Own Drummer

I cleaned out my closet yesterday, and what do you think came out? A bunch of old CDs, many of which I had not ripped to my computer. So, I was working on that last night, and the majority of those songs did include a drummer. However, I did not actually march. I found First Call, Chicago, James Taylor, NoFX, Trans-Siberian Orchestra and many others. I was trying to finish ripping them before I went to bed, but I didn't make it. I think I have about 10 more to evaluate (some may already be on my computer).

I saw this headline on a site this morning.

I don't believe it, though. Where would they hide it?

Also, in today's news, the most shocking story of the day. I think you know what I am talking about. Yes, the lack of breast implants in Venezuela.

What? Motorola still exists? Well, it does in some fashion. I read a review of the Moto 360 smartwatch this morning, and it looks like the early players on Saturday Night Live. Yep, it's Not Ready for Primetime.

It is nearing the season for foliagettes and us regular folks to start watching for the colors to change. This Yahoo! story lists a few favorite places, and we have even been to a couple of them. Where do you like to go?

Were there any Beatles songs where Paul McCartney was not involved in any way? That sounds plausible.

Why didn't any of you  tell me that 2013 was "The International Year of Quinoa"? It's no wonder, though, since it does have "quercetin and kaempferol" (whatever those are). In other food news, I also read about sneaky sugar sources that you might not recognize.

I think that one of the odder stories from the Bible is when Balaam's donkey talked to him. And Balaam then answered back as if this were normal behavior. You can read the details in Numbers 22. So, what if the donkey's descendants kept talking?













Yes, it's true that that was actually a horse in the comic. The tool did not offer a donkey. Good catch. It's also true that I used the character of King David from last week's comic as Balaam. He wasn't facing forward, so you cannot really tell. Another good catch.

Are you tired of the look of Google Maps? Have you ever even thought of that? I hadn't, but this site offers a lot of ways to prettify it. I actually like either the Subtle Grayscale, or Pale Dawn. You?

Well, nothing else catches my attention this morning. So, let's publish this baby and get on with today. BTW, when today is over, it'll be tomorrow and we can get back together again.

No comments: