Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Gold and Black and Fall Photos

Let's again spend some time in Zion National Park. BTW, if you go to the link I just provided, take a look at the "Temples and Towers of the Virgin" photo. I have almost the exact same photo in my library. I have shared it in the past (although I don't know when and I do not want to spend the time to research it. Sorry). The site also shows a 1938 Park Service poster that I may want to try and emulate sometime. Here, I copied it for you (and me).























Does the valley above look suspiciously like the same shot in this first photo? Crazy, huh? Anyway, this valley can be seen along the road maybe midway through the canyon. It will be harder for you to catch it, though, since they closed the road through the canyon to cars and you have to take a bus now.























Now, let's casually stroll along the Virgin River for a nice view at the fall colors and the water and the majestic rocks.























Tired from our stroll? If so, you need to get more exercise because I was not hurrying. Anyway, we are now near the end of the canyon so we can sit a spell and rest. In fact, it looks like MBH is already seated. Aren't MBH and the Bright tree behind her a pretty pair?























OK, what were we talking about? Hang on a second. Let me have a swig of this mug of beer that mysteriously appeared on my bar. No, not that kind of bar. I remember now. We were talking about stories I found to share today and the first is that beer may help improve memory.

Do you ever wish your keys looked like lightsabers? I know, hasn't everyone? Anyway, your wish (and mine) was apparently someone's command. Here, as requested, are your lightsaber (or guitar-shaped) key blanks, ready for shaping.

I read a story where several Britons agreed to give up their eldest child in return for the use of free wifi, in an experiment to highlight the dangers of public Internet, published on Monday. Luckily, it is not here in the US, but still...do NOT tell my parents that is an option.

Have you ever binge-watched a TV show? I know we did when I decided to start watching Lost. There was a story that Netflix is dropping the last incarnation of Battlestar Galactica starting today. It included a link to a funny webisode of Portlandia about people who got caught up in Battlestar.

This Scottish dude panned for his own gold to make his wedding band. Don't you feel sorry for his wife? "Dear, I'd like a new couch in the den." "OK, let's go cut down a tree for the wood. We will kill our cow so I can tan the leather. Of course, we will need to smelt some iron so we can make the springs...." "Never mind. We can keep sitting on the floor."

Can you believe it is already October? That means Halloween is coming soon. If you have not already picked up a nice, all-black costume for your kids, grab one now before they are all sold out.

I have babbled on long enough. I am kind of out of topics for now, anyway. We still have Thursday and Friday to sit for a spell. See you then.

No comments: