Wednesday, September 03, 2014

England Swings (Like A Pendulum Do)

Did you read that, because they couldn't water all the ground around Stonehenge, they discovered proof that it truly was a full circle at one time? That reminded me of a photo of SS showing just how excited he was to actually go there and walk around.

















Since I am on an SS roll, let's keep him in the next one. Here he is near Bath, England, and I think he is just listening to his cell phone instead of being interested in history. Then again, maybe he is listening to a tour guide on a walk-around-by-yourself tour.

















I found another shot of him being typically low-key at Salisbury Cathedral. Wikipedia claims salisbury steak is not from there, but they could be wrong.






















Is there anything that cannot be improved by using the theme music from Game of Thrones? This ad for the Big 10 is certainly better. In fact, I watched the original, then the GoT version, and then went back to see the original because I couldn't imagine it was the same animation. How about that? It was. GoT version wins.

Let's stay with yesterday's interview for today's CoV and savor a similar theme. No, this is not leftovers. It's more like a dish inspired by another one.











I read about Norwegian Wood this morning and it made me think about the current music environment. Albums are kind of an obsolete concept now, but more often, we are picking up music as a download and song-by-song, and less frequently, a whole album. That's weird for me. I mean, I do it, but it's weird. And even when I download an older song because I remember it and like it (Brandy by Looking Glass, anyone?), I also just grab the one song (did you hear anything else from that album? None were worth grabbing).

Another Steven Wright joke: "I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day because that means it's going to be up all night".

Got an extra $7 million laying around? Wish you had an investment in Dallas, Texas? If those are true for you, you can buy a former jail house that was originally a hotel where The Beatles stayed in their only visit to Big D. Jimi Hendrix used to stay there, too. Raquel Welch worked there. It's just a suggestion, though.

I am not seeing any other items for sharing this morning (Everything before the CoV was written last night). Oh, I woke up this morning with Swingtown by the Steve Miller Band on my mind. I don't know why. It's not even on my iPod.

Well, it is Hump Day, even though it is only work Tuesday. So, just two more days after this and we get a couple of days off. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: