Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CDs? Again?

Let's say you are giving a speech before 3,023 people and you come to a point where your speech notes change topics. So, you add in a little pause. Are you more likely to say 'um' or to say 'uh'? It turns out that the choice is fairly regional. Look at this map and see if your choice matches your geographical region.

Anyone in your family a philatelist? You know, a stamp collector? Architect Bro was when he was young (whereas I was a numismatist). Anyway, this is a funny story about Egypt wanting to celebrate a planned extension of the Suez canal, so they released a stamp. oops. They pictured the wrong canal (one not even in their country).

Do you remember yesterday when I said I did not upload any photos because I was working all night on ripping old CDs? Remember that (well, it HAS been 24 hours). Anyway, today's photos are...not here. See, I spent the evening ripping CDs. I found another stash. I only have one CD left, so maybe tomorrow. No, probably not. Tonight is Chorale practice.

A dude at work just dropped by to tell me that he has finished watching every Dark Shadows episode from the late 60s, all 1,225 shows. It is 131 DVDs worth of episodes. Even if I wanted to, I am not sure I could have kept with it. I struggled even with catching up on Lost episodes when I decided to watch the final two seasons.

I am also fairly certain I would not stay with the audiobook of the Bible. Do you listen to audiobooks in the car, or music, or talk radio, or even nothing? Just stay alert, my friends, so this doesn't happen to you.













Oh, but I have another TV-related story for you. How about a real-life version of the Simpsons intro? I thought this was pretty clever.

Hey, what do you think of this photograph? The artist stitched together 396 sunset shots into a single image. I saw it and thought it was really weird, and then knew why once I read what he had done. There were just too many colors for it to have been a single evening.

I do think this image is from a single shot. I have one close to that, but without the sun flare in the center of the photo. It is obviously Mesa Arch at Canyonlands near Moab, UT.

Did you look up the Disney-related blog I shared the other day? Well, here is another where the guy finds trivia and investigates. I cannot see the images at work, so I am sharing this without seeing the actual blog pages. The verbiage looks interesting, though, so I will look it up when I get home, just like I expect each of you to do.

The results of the driver's test for the Google driverless car are...just OK. You can read a little about it in this article.

Another thing I mentioned a few days ago was the surprise gift of U2 that Apple gave all iTunes users. They have since offered a way to remove it if you choose. The steps are documented here.

Tuesday is already underway, the rains from a hurricane are coming, and the Fall TV season is upon us. What do those things have to do with each other? I don't know. It was stream of consciousness sentence that revealed itself as I typed. All are true, but I don;t know why they came to mind. Well, each of the statements is true, but why did I think of TV after thinking about the rain? What can I say? You know me.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Ha ha ha...
We all know people don't really sleep in church. Who starts these rumors anyway?!