Friday, August 29, 2014

You Make Me Feel Like a Natural....

Did you think I would say 'woman'? If I were female, you might have been right. As it is, I was actually referring to the Natural Bridges park in Utah.

For today's photos, we are in the Moab area. So, we are going to look at some more shots of Natural Bridges National Monument. We will start off seeing the park entrance sign.

















Now that you know we are in the park, we will see the three natural bridges. First is Kachina Bridge. I place it first only because it happens to be the first one I came recognize when I compare my photos against the park website.

















Next, we will see Sipapu Bridge.

















Finally, the third natural bridge is Owachomo Bridge. You can see what each name means in the Hopi language on the park site.

















Do you know what an acronym is? Are you sure? Is radar an acronym? Is FBI an acronym? The answers are Yes and No. Acronyms are pronounced like words (like NASA) whereas initialisms are pronounced by sounding out their distinct letter sounds (like CIA).

Yesterday, I mentioned my interest in a video about special effects on Game of Thrones. Did you watch it? Whether you did or not, I have another CG-related link to share. I found out that a large percentage of the IKEA catalog is actually artificial content. You really should go look at this article.

Have you ever noticed that, when you are tired, funny things are, like, ten times funnier? I think these guys noticed it, too.











Would you say that fondue is associated with the 70s? What about quiche? What decade would you guess blackened fish reflects? You can find out about those, and more, in this Yahoo! article.

I am not finding many articles to share with you today.What is this? A Friday before a holiday? Oh, wait. I found something. It is about Oreos, so that should appeal to most of us. What does the ultimate Oreo look like to you? Is it the classic? Is it a double stuffed one (which only contains 1.86x filling)? What about a 10x stuffed one? You can read the investigation here. One more questions about them, though? How to you eat them? I do not separate the filling from the cookie. Do you?

OK, I cannot find anything else, plus it is time to get going for Friday.Y'all have an excellent weekend and Labor Day. I will see you here again on Tuesday. Hear that, Preacher Bro. There will be no blog post on Monday.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Okay, first: thank you for the fair warning about your planned blog absence this coming Monday. We need adequate warning—you can't just disappear on us and not expect fallout.
Second, is your Oreo question rhetorical, or do you want all your readers to share their personal preferences? I'm not sure if it is familial, but I too eat my Oreos "together" rather than like a kid'll do.