Tuesday, May 13, 2014

When I Am On Vacation, I am ON VACATION

A member of the team that is being outsourced is currently on a cruise to Alaska. I would like to do that sometime. The folks have done that, but we have not. However, that is not my point. This dude on the cruise has been dialing in and working during his trip. that is just wrong. It is very noble of him, but I wouldn't do that, even if I were staying with the company.

I am writing this on Monday night while watching Bones. That has been renewed for next year. Then again, I liked Tomorrow People and it didn't make it to a second season.

I may be a daddy, and I have a few bucks, but I have never been in a war.















I saw this headline in Yahoo! this morning. Wow, those people must be realllllly tired after such a long wait.













This story about how little cash Americans carry brings a book from the 70s to mind. First, do you carry much cash? I know that I don't. The primary reason is just so that I end up with a spending record when I use a debit card. However, using a card all the time makes me think of the books that Hal Lindsey wrote about the end times. It seems like using our plastic credit and debit cards will be a great way for the Antichrist to limit sales to believers. I am not implying we are in the end times, although we may be. Simply saying that would be a good way of marking us with the number of the beast.

This highlights one of the reasons I don't mind being a vegan. Does that even look inviting to you? Since the story comes out of Malaysia, I will say that I did used to really enjoy drinking milo, the chocolate malt drink mentioned near the end of the story.

How does Duncan Hines chocolate cake, Vlasic pickles and Jimmy Dean sausage sound for breakfast? Well, the owner of Jimmy Dean sausages is buying the Vlasic pickle and Duncan Hines company, so pregnant women around the world may be rejoicing.

You know what time it is? Time to get busy. No one stopped by yet this morning, but I do have several emails to which I need to reply. Have a good today and don't worry yet about tomorrow. Don't agree? Go read Matt 6:34.

No comments: