Friday, May 16, 2014

The Party's Over

I dood it. Dood what, you may be wondering. I hinted at it yesterday, but I decided the time is not right for me to get going on the MBA, so I have withdrawn...for now. I had planned to allow 10-12 hours per week to study on each class, but right now, this new outsourcing project has expanded to an additional 10 hours per week. And it does not allow me any time at work (I am usually working through lunch as I eat), so it is just not feasible for the next couple of months. I think my next chance is Aug-Sept, so I will think about it then.

These really do look like photographs, but they are drawings. One thing I have to question, though, is that the accompanying text says they were created by finger. It seems like there is too much detail for a finger to create. Admittedly, I am not an artist, so maybe I am judging from an incorrect assumption.

There is a woman who sits in the cube just west of mine who has a pacemaker. She told me the other day about having to periodically get it reviewed to make sure it keeps her heart at the correct number of beats per minute, and when it is changed, she can feel herself with increased energy. So, I wondered what if she also had a defib machine embedded and they decided to duke it out.













Read the first sentence of this Yahoo! article and tell me you don't agree. Now, I do not have kids learning Common Core, but I do live with two teachers, so I know about it. And I have memories of trying to help my daughter with her "new math" back in the day. This new stuff, though, is so different that I struggle to get the answer using their methods. Arghh.

I just lost an hour talking with the project team, which means I do not have time to look for anything else to share today. And that means I am letting you leave early. There is no homework for you this weekend, so take some time to relax and come back Monday full of vim and vigor (that's a good thing, right?).

No comments: