Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy Yesterday

Yesterday was Memorial Day, so most of us were off work. Thinking of it, I am reminded of trips out to the cemetery with my in-laws to honor family members. We do now have any family graves near us nowadays. We do have many family members who served in the military, and to you, I say "Thank you."

Just because I honor you and there is a holiday set aside for it does not exempt the day from the barbs of Clarity of Vision. I wanted to step lightly, though, because it is not the day nor its meaning that I want to skewer.













We have family passing through on their way from TX to OR, so we spent time with them yesterday. You can read about (and donate, I think) to them here.

Do you remember the Jetsons cartoon from years ago? Their home was an automation wonderland. How would you like your home to be that advanced? Well, according to this article, Apple thinks some of that is what we will be wanting. Lights come on automatically when we get home, maybe the house will start cooling down. Hmm, where's Rosie the Robot?

Do you ever try to hold your breath as you pass through a tunnel? I know my kids and I always did. However, I would not do so if I were getting close to passing out, and especially not if I were driving.

Hey, Salesman Son, you fancy yourself a Disney expert. Did you know all of these things?

Well, the day intrudes upon our fun. Still, don't let it get you down. Go do something fun while I cover for you here at the office.

No comments: