Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Time For Bah-buh-bet Ball?

We are watching our grandson, JV, for a couple of days. So, last night, when I got home, he ran over to me and clung to me the rest of the evening. The primary activity was playing with his basketball set. Well, he pronounces it 'bah-buh-bet ball". He would toss one to me then throw his through the little hoop and look expectantly at me, waiting for me to take my shot. He's never discouraged, whether the ball initially goes through the net or not. We also read the Cars book we keep at the house. Well, read is perhaps not the best word. He flips through pages and points at each character and names them. I will not attempt to phonetically spell them, except for "Lug-lug", which is Lightning McQueen. No way I can figure out Mater.

Speaking of pronunciation.













Did you notice today's post was a little late in showing up? As tempted as I am to blame technology, the reality is that I have already been bogged down in that crazy project I am working. We are down to 13 workdays from launch, so everyone is getting nervous and excited and just plain crazy. Yes, that includes me. No, for me, it doesn't look any different than normal. I am always crazy.

JV is pretty good at shooting the ball through his hoop. However, 50 Cent is REALLY BAD at throwing a baseball. Did you see this yet?

Would you feel safe in a self-driving car that has no brakes or steering wheel? I am not ready for that.

I am SOOOO SORRY. I have completely run out of time today since I have already had two meetings while trying to finish this. Maybe tomorrow, we can start a few minutes early? Until then...

1 comment:

Lewis said...

My son Grey and I were talking just the other day about throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game. He has decided that it is a no-win situation. If you make a good throw, everyone just says OK, big deal, he (or she) can throw one over the plate with no batter in place and no game pressure. If you flub it, you are embarrassed on TV and, now, on the internet forever. I think I agree with him. Most celebs should just say no thanks.