Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One of THOSE Days

Even before I sat down and booted my laptop, the guy in the cubicle, Rex, told me a couple of tasks he needed me to do once I started working. Yeah. My seat isn't even warm yet and I am already behind. So, I got that done and ended up working through a couple of emails. That put me behind on my normal important morning duties, namely Clarity of Vision and this blog. So, let's knock these out and get back to the stuff that pays my bills.

First, as I mentioned yesterday, I am fresh out of photos to share. However, the GRANDS are coming over this weekend, so that should give me some new shots for next week.

Next, I actually came up with a Clarity of Vision comic because of the guy that caught me on the way in. You saw his name above, but don't let that ruin the spin in the final panel.













I recently wrote to the woman who holds the monthly vegan/vegetarian cooking class nearby. There is a sandwich I like at a nearby restaurant and I wondered how to prepare the ingredients at home. Holly took a couple of days to reply, so I thought she didn't have time to answer, and that was OK. Yesterday, she sent me a response, and it had taken a few days because she was researching options for me. Isn't that nice? It is a sweet potato sandwich, with a fig confit, marinated fennel, tomato, arugula and balsamic vinegar. Does that sound tasty to you? Anyway, I wondered how to roast the sweet potato so that it wouldn't fall apart, and if she had ever marinated fennel. Yes, she had potato preparation suggestions, and no, she has never marinated fennel but she research some ideas on doing so, or maybe replacing that taste with another. See, access to that kind of advice is worth the $10/month we spend to attend her once-a-month sessions.

We use a time-of-day plan at our electric utility, and the less expensive times change tomorrow. Up until now, we have been on the winter rates which are more expensive between 5-9am and 5-9pm. So, we could cool the house all afternoon until 5pm, which would tide us over until 9pm. Beginning May 1, the more expensive hours are 1-8pm. So, we can cool the house until 1pm, but then we have to wait 7 hours before we can crank down the A/C. As you can imagine, the house gets a little warm, especially once we start reaching 110+ later in the summer. So, don't let me forget to reset the thermostat tonight after Survivor.

Well, I have meetings today at 9am, 9:30am, 10am, 10:30am, and 1pm. Other than that, I am open. Well, not really, since the 9am is actually the beginning of an all-day installation task on one of my projects. I should probably check in on that periodically throughout the day. So, I better be sure I am ready. Have a great Wednesday.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

well didnt know you are a "vegan addict"? as for the REX: is he a t-rex or how high/wide is he? on another note----i too am on the secret savings plan for my sky rocket bill of electricity while using my ac in the summer; but getting in the pool and going to the movies helps me from being tempted to touch or turn down the ac! plus i just blame my cats if i see an adjustment made all of the sudden...or perhaps while i was away they had a cat drug party, and all their friends could of done it like in the game clue? ----sounds like your brain works 24 hours with meetings at work and most likely in your dreams? kathy always looks so pretty in her pictures, tell her hello for me.