Thursday, April 03, 2014

Going In Late

I am writing this on Thursday morning from home, waiting until time for my dental appointment. I am getting two crowns seated. It shouldn't take too long.

How about a photo of Brother? No, they are not related to me. That is the name of the band we heard at the Highland Games. They are based out of LA and are apparently well known. Here is what their press release says. "Chances are you’ve seen BROTHER on NBC’s ‘ER’, maybe heard their music on the classic ‘Baraka’ soundtrack or UPN’s ‘ Twilight Zone.’ The band has shared stages with Joe Walsh, John Entwhistle, Linkin Park, and Alicia Keys and are the only independent band to have played the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Fusing signature vocals and guitar with the deep pulse of the didgeridoo, the soaring highs of the bagpipes, and tribal percussion, BROTHER is wholly original." You rarely see bagpipe bands outside of these types of events.


















The other band we saw that day was Murder the Stout. Their writeup is much more concise. "Houston based Murder the Stout (MTS) formed in 2004. They play progressive Celtic Rock music led by native Scotsman, Hugh Morrison, on lead vocals & squeezebox."


















Since I am writing this at home (BTW, morning news is on TV as I write this), I have access to my photos. And whether I am at home or at work, I also have access to bitstrips to create a new Clarity of Vision. This one comes from an idea I had back in December.














Hmm, this story seems to cast doubt on my diet. However, I cannot tell how scientific their conclusions are. For now, i will continue. After all, it was good enough for Daniel and his buddies in Daniel 1.

Amazon Fire is introduced to take on Apple TV, Roku and the other media boxes. What do you use, if anything? We don't have any, but I think Salesman Son has a Roku that goes along with Amazon Prime. However, I have fussed before about my high cable bill, so maybe we will go with one sometime this year.

We have not seen Saving Mr. Banks, but I know I would like to. This story is interesting telling how the Sherman Brothers came up with the song Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

OK, time to go. Y'all have a great day.

No comments: